ALEXANDRIA, Va. (Feb. 28, 2023) -- USACE's Institute for Water Resources (IWR), Risk Management Center is seeking for a Civil Engineer (Geotechnical) with the responsibility for planning, programming, scheduling, directing, coordinating, advising, and reviewing the work of technicians and geotechnical engineers.
This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Certain Personnel of the DoD Workforce to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service. Final pay will be based on employee's geographical location in Lakewood, CO, Louisville, KY or Pittsburg, PA.
- Serves as a USACE national specialist on geotechnical engineering for Engineering Risk Management.
- Serves as principal advisor on technical issues, with respect to geotechnical engineering and dam safety risk management issues for US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE).
- Responsible for planning, programming, scheduling, directing, coordinating, advising, and reviewing the work of technicians and geotechnical engineers.
- Develops methods and tools for use by USACE districts to support Dam and Levee Safety Risk Assessments.
- Leads the planning, developing, building, and sustaining of a national cadre of geotechnical engineers competent in risk management methodologies within constraints of budgets and programs.
- Develops geotechnical models and tools to be used for risk and reliability analyses to support risk-informed decisions for periodic assessments, issue evaluations, and dam safety modifications.
- Performs risk analyses to assist development of recommendations and decision making for systems improvements and risk reduction.
- Performs administrative team leader responsibilities.
- Interprets and disseminates policies, regulations, and standards to subordinates.
Announcement opens Feb. 17 and closes on Mar. 2, 2023.
Position announcement NCFL231627956517HW is available from https://www.usajobs.gov/job/707465200