We are looking for a motivated team player to join our phenomenal team as a GS 7-9 Staff Support Assistant (0301 series), supporting the Institute for Water Resources (IWR) Executive Office, Resource Management Office and the Contracting Team in Alexandria, Virginia. This is NOT your average Staff Support Assistant, it is a diverse role in a unique Civil Works organization within the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers that welcomes your talents, initiative, and desire to grow and learn.
Apply on USAJobs today! https://www.usajobs.gov/job/764331600
Open to all past and current Federal Employees, Military Spouses, and Veterans.
IWR supports water resources management nationally and internationally on studies, tools, programs, and other forward-looking analysis. Home to the multiple centers across the U.S., this is an exciting opportunity to support a range of geographically and mission-diverse actions and projects with a varied staff of economists, social scientists, civil engineers, planners, program managers, and other disciplines.
We are an inclusive and diverse work environment with ample opportunities for professional development, collaboration with experts and career advancement. Our staff appreciate our flexible work schedules, including options for telework, for a good work-life balance. Plus, staff get both Federal and DOD Benefits - child care subsidies, retirement, leave, employee assistance and more!
Historic and Family Friendly Location!
The National Capital Region (NCR) is a great place to live and work with some of the nation’s best schools, museums, and entertainment venues throughout the “DMV” (D.C., Maryland, Virginia) metroplex. The Humphreys Engineer Center is in the city of Alexandria, just outside of the Washington D.C. beltway, with easy access by Metro, car or walking to Virginia and Maryland urban destinations, music and sport teams venues, historical sites, and shopping as well as phenomenal parks, greenways and trails along the Potomac River and in close proximity to the beautiful Chesapeake Bay. Nearby Old Town Alexandria is situated along the Potomac River replete with cobblestone streets, historic homes and sites, shopping and restaurants.
Duties described reflect the full performance GS-9 level, which a GS-7 selectee could perform in a developmental capacity.
- Performs a wide variety of complex organizational projects and assignments for the Headquarters Staff, comprised of the Executive Office, Resource Management Office and Contracting groups.
- Serves as the authority for administrative policies, business procedures, and requirements.
- Evaluates the impact of new or revised policies, procedures, or specific legal, budgetary, supply, or other requirements on group operations.
- Reviews draft outgoing correspondence for conformance with administrative policy and procedures, proper coordination, safeguarding of classified information, and proper format.
- Finalizes a variety of technical and non-technical correspondence, such as memorandums, information papers, staff summaries, technical papers, nonmilitary letters, engineering regulations, pamphlets, handouts, reports, charts, and graphs.
- Serves as the organization’s point of contact interacting with counterparts from other offices and organizations.
Remote work is not authorized. PCS may be authorized.
Questions should be addressed to Yvonne White, Yvonne.Z.White@usace.army.mil or (703) 428-3631.