**Please go to http://crbweb01.cdm.com/IWRPlan/default.htm or https://publibrary.planusace.us/#/series/IWR%20Planning%20Suite to find the latest versions of all software, training materials and instructions on how to install for internal USACE users.**
The IWR Planning Suite is a water resources investment decision support tool originally built for the formulation and evaluation of ecosystem restoration alternative plans; however, it is now more widely used by all USACE business lines for evaluation of actions involving monetary and non-monetary cost and benefits.
IWR Planning Suite II (Version 2.0.9) was certified by the Planning Model Review Board and was "Certified for National Use" on May 31, 2018. Versions 1.0.11 and 2.0.6 were certified previously and acceptable for teams that for Review Plans approved with these versions prior to May 31, 2018. (Planning teams should consult with the Ecosystem Restoration Planning Center of Expertise for further questions.)
The Planning Suite has the following features:
- Plan Generator
- Cost-Effectiveness and Incremental Cost Analysis (CE/ICA)
- Auto reports, graphs and tables
- Calculation of annual average non-monetary benefits (v.2.0.6 and higher)
- Calculation of average annual equivalent costs and benefits (v.2.0.6 and higher)
- Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis (MCDA, v.2.0.9)
- Uncertainty Module (v.2.0.9)
- Watershed Analysis (v.2.0.9)
IWR offers ad-hoc training on IWR Planning Suite. The software is also introduced in several sessions of existing USACE Prospect Courses (e.g., Ecosystem Restoration, Economic Analysis in Planning).
Email DLL-CEIWR_IWR-PLAN@usace.army.mil to learn more.