Sandia National Laboratories (Sandia) and IWR signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) that builds upon their common interests in integrated water resources management and Computer Aided Dispute Resolution.
About the Partnership Agreement
Signed: December 18, 2008
- Les E. Shephard, Vice President, Energy, Security, and Defense Technologies Division (Sandia)
- Robert A. Pietrowsky , Director (IWR)
Purpose: Establishment of a long-term cooperative relationship in the field of integrated water resources management, scientific research and capacity-building with an initial focus on Computer Aided Dispute Resolution.
Terms: The Parties are especially interested in pursuing cooperative opportunities in:
- Integrated water resources management, sustainable development in arid and semi-arid zones
- Infrastructure development and related engineering design standards and procedures
- Hydrologic analysis, risk analysis and systems analysis modeling tools
- Groundwater, prediction of flash floods and mud flows
- Environmental restoration, eco-hydrologic analysis and water quality
- Consensus building and conflict resolution
- Water policy, governance and institutional aspects
- Capacity building and training
- Educational methods and systems
About Sandia National Laboratories
Sandia National Laboratories develops science-based technologies that support national security. Through science and technology, people, infrastructure, and partnerships, Sandia's mission is to meet national needs in four key areas: nuclear weapons; energy, resources and nonproliferation; defense systems and assessments; and security and defense. Sandia is a government-owned/contractor operated facility. Sandia seeks collaborative partnerships on emerging technologies that supports its mission.