The American Association of Port Authorities (AAPA) and the U.S. Section of the International Navigation Association (PIANC) have agreed to strengthen their collaborative efforts to enhance their impact in various international navigation forums. By sharing ideas and information, the partners can improve their contribution to the navigation community of the Americas. IWR acts as an agent for U.S. Section, PIANC in implementing portions of this agreement.
About the Partnership Agreement
Signed: May 13, 2005
- Kurt J. Nagle , President (AAPA)
- John Paul Woodley, Jr. , Representative of the Office of the Chairman (U.S. Section, PIANC)
- Major General Don T. Riley , President (U.S. Section, PIANC)
Purpose: This partnership aims to establish a framework for increased cooperation between the organizations, so as to enhance their effectiveness and impact in various international navigation forums.
Terms: The Parties intend to pursue joint efforts in:
- Technical cooperation
- Events cooperation
- Dissemination of information
- Joint participation in each partner's meetings and programs
About American Association of Port Authorities
The American Association of Port Authorities protects and advances the common interest of its diverse members as they connect their communities with the global transportation system.