Training Corps personnel in the use of collaborative tools and processes is a fundamental goal of the CPCX. Our programs and materials are designed to explain collaborative approaches to conflict resolution—including interactive computer modeling—and help Corps staff implement them effectively.
CPCX updates and improves the content and delivery of USACE conflict resolution and public participation training through:
- Providing training for District Engineers and Senior Executive Service (SES) members
- Bringing training to independent Field offices
- Revising and advising selected Huntsville courses
- Providing short sessions at Leaderships USACE conferences
- Representing USACE in appropriate forums as experts on these topics
- Ensuring that new tools such as interactive modeling and software for negotiations are effectively integrated into field applications