Arizona Silver Jackets
Establish and strengthen intergovernmental partnerships at the local, Tribal, State, and Federal levels as a catalyst in developing comprehensive and sustainable solutions to state flood hazard challenges.
Through an intergovernmental team of local, Tribal, State, and Federal agencies and organizations, a collaborative process will:
- Facilitate strategic, integrated life-cycle mitigation actions to reduce the threat, vulnerability, and consequences of flooding in the State of Arizona;
- Create or supplement a mechanism to collaboratively solve issues and implement or recommend solutions;
- Foster leveraging of available resources and information between agencies;
- Increase and improve flood risk communication and outreach;
- Promote wise stewardship of the taxpayers’ investments;
- Develop a more comprehensive regional flood risk management strategy through participation in the Regional Interagency Flood Risk Management Team; and
- Integrate mitigation into recovery action.