Iowa Silver Jackets Interagency Flood Risk Management Team
Intergovernmental partnerships that foster and contribute to comprehensive and sustainable management of flood risk throughout the state of Iowa.
Iowa Silver Jackets Interagency Flood Risk Management Team will:
- Influence the development and implementation of watershed initiatives;
- Work to mitigate the threat, vulnerability and consequences of flooding throughout the State of Iowa;
- Create a mechanism to collaboratively recommend and implement flood risk management solutions;
- Share available flood risk management and other water related resources and information among agencies;
- Increase and improve flood risk communication and outreach;
- Promote wise stewardship of the taxpayers’ investments in flood risk management;
- Develop more comprehensive regional flood risk management strategies through participation in the Regional Interagency Flood Risk Management Team;
- Inform the Federal- and State-level agency directors during response and recovery activities; and
- Integrate mitigation into recovery actions within the National Disaster Recovery Framework, Infrastructure Recovery Support Function, as appropriate.