Rhode Island Silver Jackets
The Rhode Island Silver Jackets is comprised of representatives from Federal and State agencies which support comprehensive and sustainable actions that reduce flood risk within the State of Rhode Island. The Team charter was finalized in August 2016.
Support comprehensive and sustainable actions that reduce the level of risk from flooding which result in the protection of life, property and the beneficial functions of floodplains within the State of Rhode Island.
To facilitate coordination, cooperation and function as a catalyst in the identification, abatement and resolution of flood hazards and associated risks within the State through such means as flood and dam observation and warning systems; riverine and dam break hazard mapping; flood and dam hazard mitigation; planning and education; as well as response and recovery efforts.
- Promote Rhode Island’s capacity to implement projects, programs, plans, policies, and legislative actions to reduce vulnerability to flooding.
- Foster and facilitate statewide coordination with organizations, agencies and stakeholders to achieve flood risk reduction.
- Establish or supplement mechanisms to collaboratively identify issues and implement or recommend solutions.
- Increase and improve flood risk communication and outreach.
- Advise and assist Rhode Island communities in their efforts to become more resilient and less vulnerable to flood hazards.