Idaho Silver Jackets
The Idaho Silver Jackets Team was formally established in July 2009.
Serve as a catalyst in developing comprehensive and sustainable solutions to flood hazard issues, including mitigation planning, flood hazard mapping, risk reduction activities, and response and recovery planning.
The core member agencies will establish a continuous inter-governmental collaborative team working with other state and federal agencies to:
- Increase and improve flood risk communication and outreach among local, state, tribal, and federal agencies;
- Provide assistance in identifying and prioritizing actions to reduce the threat, vulnerability, and consequences of flooding in the State of Idaho;
- Facilitate strategic planning and implementation of life-cycle mitigation, response and recovery actions to reduce the threat, vulnerability, and consequences of flooding in the State of Idaho;
- Create or supplement a process to collaborate identify issues and implement or recommend solutions;
- Identify and implement ways to leverage available resources and information between agencies;
- Increase and improve flood risk communication and outreach;
- Promote wise stewardship of the taxpayers’ investments;
- Develop more comprehensive state flood risk management policies and strategies;
- Develop advanced hydrologic predictive services to reduce loss of life and property damage from flooding.