Watershed Basics and Types of Flooding – July 27, 2021
- What a watershed is and how it functions.
- How water management affects the watershed.
- The different types of flooding and why flooding may occur where you live.
Where Flooding Occurs and How You Can Find Out – August 3, 2021
- Where flooding has occurred in the past and where it is likely to occur in the future.
- What information is available for you to find out where flooding is likely to occur.
- What you can do as a homeowner, business owner, or renter to understand and prepare for flood risk.
Preparation & Mitigation for Flooding – August 10, 2021
- What you can do as a homeowner or business owner to mitigate against flooding.
- What you need to know if you do some mitigation on your own.
- What options you can pursue if you can’t mitigate against flooding on your own and who can help.
Responding to Flooding – August 17, 2021
- How to find out if flooding is occurring in your area;
- What you can do to protect yourself, your family, and your home during a flooding event
- Who to call and when during a flooding event.
Recovering from Flooding – August 24, 2021
- How to document damages to your structure or property
- How to report damages to the appropriate organization in order to request assistance.
- The steps to properly recover from a flood.
City of Pittsburgh Offering: Mitigating for and Recovering from Flooding – May 9 & 25, 2022